Road Side St. George 2014


 This is a picture of me and my childhood best friend/cousin. When we were children we spent our days making huts and playing in our Grandpas barn. Our childhood seemed so simple now,  compared to my busy Monday "to do" schedule.

I love the shots of my babies below on the way home from our St George road trip, the trip to see my dear cousins baby receive a blessing. They remind me how fleeting childhood is, how unassuming, non-judgmental, humble, and innocent childhood really is. I asked Lee the other day how and when we loose our ability to see the world as children. I don't remember loosing mine, though I have, and I marvel at my children and the way they see others, the way the take in the world around them. 
The way the play without a care in the world, it is so endearing.
The way they love each other is everything to me. 
Slow down little ones, no hurry to grow up, stay little a little longer please. 


The End of Summer 


The summer days are fading, as they must 

From endless hours to short and fleeting light 
The bird's once bright, immortal tune, now cries 
A melancholy aura to the dusk.
The children fiercely climb, and dream, and race 
Before their wild and unchained days depart 
And yet beneath the zeal lies a half heart 
For there isn't time, there's only enough space 
The sun seems low, a hazy orange sphere 
Now reminiscing sweetly of the days
When endlessly before you summer lay 
And as in the deep, crimson dusk you stir 
Your soul joins with the birds in wistful brood 
Crying for lost summer days, for childhood.









Popular Posts