Kindergarten Tuesday

Dear Jack ,
You were born on a Tuesday around 5:00 pm. Before that, I didn't like Tuesdays much, after uncle Cole died on a January Tuesday 7 years before you were born- they always brought a little sadness. You gave Tuesdays new meaning. Your first Tuesday was beautiful and sunny, the second to last day of July. The Portneuf Hospital where you were born was bright and sparkly beneath the blue Pocatello sky. You blew every expectation of motherhood out the window and stole my heart the moment I saw you. I still remember your squints for eyes, and small chubby fingers that gripped mine. The day you were born my world changed, I changed. Because of you, life was new, better, brighter. 

Today was also a Tuesday. This day was a September sunny kind of Tuesday, and I made you stand on the front porch for pictures. Baby refused to move, and you tried to run off the porch. Daddy stood there too, thinking Mom is silly for all  my signs and pictures. Today you started Kindergarten. It was kinda a big deal.

Today you wanted to walk to our neighborhood school alone  (but we held hands and walked together), today we packed your first school lunch, and I cried. I know you are ready, and I need to let you grow up, but I miss that squinty eyed baby sometimes, all-though this big boy Jack version is pretty great too.

You are still blowing my expectations on life out the window, you are brave, and smart. You are curious, and a little mouthy (just like your mama).  You are kind, thoughtful and  fair, you have energy coming out your ears, and I love you for it.
Happy Tuesday my big little boy- go and conquer the world running! 
Love, 
Mom









Popular Posts