NW Hikes


I am a Utah girl at heart, but I must say Oregon waterfalls and hiking are hard to beat. We love getting outside and checking out some beautiful scenery, and getting our investment out of our Kelty (which we love). During the warm months we try to go hiking at least once a week. Here are some shots of some recent hikes.

This is our favorite hike Horsetail Falls.
My handsome husband.
Lee and I have hiked all over the Gorge, hiking the horsetail numerous times, taking our good friends the Sajovics a few weeks ago, and my parents who were just here at the end of March.
This is the view from under the waterfall, its a Last of the Mohicans Cave :)
Putting Jack in his throne. I bought this awesome Kelty when Jack was just six months old. It is great fo hiking and can carry a ton of camping gear if needed.
This was a Sunday afternoon walk, just up from the main waterfall Multanomah
Jackson's favorite this is to go under the waterfalls and play, love this boy!

Famous Fall of the Gorge.
This is a hike in Camas WA. It is around Lacamas lake and is more of a walk than a hike. Great for kids and super beautiful. I have been wanting to take Jack and Lee here for a while since I drive by on my way to work at a Camas school, a few times a week.

Gunther Family Picture
Jack at Lacams Lake
This is about 20 minutes form NE Portland, and worth the drive. I have really enjoyed working in WA. I love the little cities just across the river. Its amazing the difference in the two states. If we were going to stay here in the NW (which would never be an option), I think that Camas WA is such an adorable mini city, with great schools, low crime, and beautiful scenery.

Popular Posts