Aloha Hawaii Part 1


Turtle Bay. The Island of Oahu Hawaii.

Our Condo sat right on the beach. It was just the right size for 3 families.

Snorkeling at Shark Cove. 


 Boogie Boarding in front of our Villa


Jack was giving me step by step instructions how to catch the best wave :)


The Resort at Turtle Bay. This girl LOVES her Daddy. 


Look closely. While Scuba Diving we swam with the turtles.





Children always amaze with their pure love of discovery and never ending curiosity about the 
World around them. My hope for my children is to always keep this longing to understand. 


This beach was amazing. The sand was so clean and picturesque



This boy made me a Mom, and stole my heart from the first moment I held him. 




We woke up to 70 degree weather and the high was around 80. January was a perfect time to visit Hawaii, we only had a few hours of rain the whole trip. 






The view from the chopper. 



We didn't get a chance to do a temple session while there, but this pure white temple was so stunning next to all that green. 


Our hike to near Honolulu. At the lookout point were World War II bunkers.

View from the top. I will never forget this view. The sky and the ocean were a similar color that day, and it was difficult to tell where the sky ended and the ocean began. The view was absolutely breathtaking

Date night-sans the babies. 


This was my least favorite part of the trip. We all went on a small boat and drove about a mile out into the ocean, where Cherlyn, Lee, Dad and Jantzen had a date to dive with the sharks.. The waves were really rocky that day and the boat felt more like a torture chamber. It's funny now, but at the time we were all so sick! This picture of course was taken before we left the dock. That is why we are all still smiling! :)
Out at sea. Lee is floating on top looking down at the sharks. 
The sharks came right up to the cage and the boat. It was really scary to even stand up in the boat, I kept imagining I was going to drop the baby. Its a funny story to look back on now, but at the time I was so sea sick and petrified of the sharks! 
This is one of the few family pictures we took. We were at the Polynesian culture center, adjacent to BYU Idaho. We went to the show "The breath of life." I really liked the show,  it was fun to learn more about the Hawaiian culture.
Brook was so tired at this point, vacations are exhausting for 1 year olds.

My beautiful Brookie.

We took a hike with just our family, and Jack stopped to take a break in the hammock. 

My three favorite people

Hawaii was beautiful. Hawaii was exotic. Hawaii was breathtaking, exhausting, exhilarating, and overwhelming. 7 days was long enough but yet not enough to scratch the surface of this amazing place.





Popular Posts