Our newest edition......


Jackson's newest toy "The Crawl Machine :)"



The eleventh day of the eleventh month in the year that my son was born- seems as good a day as any to write a little blog about baby Jack (aka Rabbit). Our journey with Jackson Lee started about this time last year, with Thanksgiving being the great weekend of announcement to the world (or at least a small part of Utah) of his future arrival the upcoming July. Pregnancy to me was never glamorous, while at time I felt a sense of wonderment and secret joy marveling at the life within me, the moments of nausea, fatigue, and feeling enormous typically filled the 9 months, as I faithfully checked off each day on my calendar (I am very ritualistic about counting time, ticking away the days until upcoming events, and pregnancy as my husband can attest was by no means an exception to the rule). While pregnancy was tedious and seemingly never-ending during the experience, in retrospect it seems a mere price to pay for this wonderful little being that is now in our care. I suppose the Lord blesses women with the ability to forget the pains taken to bring spirits into this world, so that once we gaze upon their little faces it all becomes a distant memory filling us with the joy of their life. Oh how we love that little boy, Lee and I will often find ourselves staring at him, as I am sure as any other parent can relate to, staring in wonderment at just how beautiful & amazing he really is.

Popular Posts