A sad Goodbye.

Its unlike me to blog about personal or private events, but I find myself tonight overcome with grief and turning to my blog to express it. This has been a very difficult week for our family. Two days ago Lee received a call that his Mom's heart had stopped, and she had been life-flighted to a hospital in Utah. It took one look at his face walking in the door from school, to know something was very wrong, Lee rarely gets upset. Lee's mother was put on life support and the family was given no hope of any brain activity.

This news came out of the blue with no prior medical heart issues. I am humbled beyond belief at my sweet husband's faith and love for the Lord as he prayed to understand Heavenly Father's plan for his mother. Lee was able to fly to Utah to be with his family when they turned off the life support, and next week we will fly back for a funeral. I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and for our Savior who made that possible.
Lee's mother Wendy had many admirable qualities which I want to strive to learn better. She was a very patient woman, and an incredible listener. She was a quite reserved woman, but extremely humble and full of humility. She was not a prideful person, and had a way of understanding others, while never judging them. She was very open, and loved others unconditionally. I am grateful for her, I believe she is responsible for so much of the goodness that is in my husband. She is his Mother, Mothers love their sons, this I know.

Above is a picture with Lee and his mother, (middle) Grandmother, and baby Jack, taken on the 2nd of April 2009.

Popular Posts