Family Ties

Here are four wonderful women. My sister Cherlyn who is one of my greatest blessings and friends, My Mom- who has done so much for me and my family, and continues to be an amazing support and friend in my life, and a super Grandma to my son Jack. I love u Mom. And last by not least my Grandma Peterson or just "Gram" as I call her, who is also one of my greatest friends, and mentors.


My Gram is past her 80th birthday and still looks "put together" and "poised" everyday of her life. You will not find this lady sitting around in her later years, she still works more than a part time job-waking up at 5 am everyday since I can remember, taking the day head on. She is a "strong" woman in every sense of the word, physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually- she is the Matriarch of her family and has such a strong sense of self, that you cannot help but try to emulate her "no nonsense, get the job done" attitude. I remember one memory very clear of my Gram. I was experiencing at the age of 19 the most traumatic event in my life, and falling apart. She took me aside and told me to get it together, that falling apart never helped any bad situation get any better. The woman has a way with words, any of her children and grandchildren can attest for that, and yes I got it together very quickly. Her wisdom and silent example have been a guiding force through out my life. I love her dearly.

My Grandmother has a love and a talent for music, one which she passed onto my own father. At a young age she taught her self to read music, and then to play the piano and organ. She is a well known organist who has played at numerous events and served her community tirelessly for well over 50 years. I am hoping that her music gene went from my Dad to Jackson, since it clearly skipped me. On our recent trip to Utah Jack got to visit Great Grammy Piano- as he likes to call her. Gram said in response to that "Val-rey you have him call me Grandma Ellen-piano." In a voice that only Gram can use. :)

So focussed.............


He did nothing, but run from the organ to the piano while we were there. He loves music.


Jack still asks to go to "Grammy Piano's house"

I hope Jack inherits "Gram's" love and talent for music.

Its official Jackson loves music. He loves to play the piano, so much in fact that his own Grandma Peterson (my mom) went out and bought a piano keyboard, which flew home with us. Yes, he's just a little spoiled. :)

Popular Posts