Thankful Thursday


This Thanksgiving was a special one. We were able to travel to Seattle to spend it with The Dave and Chalene Thompson Family.
When Chalene and I were little girls we were cousins and best friends, who happened to live in different states. We were always plotting and planning on how we would get together, and once we were together at our Gram's Ranch we would then start plotting on how to stay together. Planning elaborate schemes in order to keep our parents from separating us, included switching the salt and pepper shakers (I don't know what purpose that would have served? :)), hiding, and lots and lots of tears.
Now here we are both living in the Northwest putting our husbands through graduate school, and raising our little boys. We had a fun time and met some new Seattle friends. Jackson especially enjoyed his time with cousin Myles and yellow dog Misha.



In the Spirit of Thankful Thursday I wanted to write my own Thankful 2010 list.
1. I am thankful for my family.
For a husband who keeps pushing through his schooling in order to enable our family to reach our goals.
For my son whose little light fills up my life, in little and big ways I never imagined possible.

2. For my extended family. For their love and support both emotionally and financially while Lee and I have completed our education for the last 11 years! (Yes I started my undergrad at USU in 2000 right after graduating high school)

3. I am grateful for eternal families. I am grateful that after 10 years of seperation from my brother I still remember the peace and promise I felt the day we did his temple work. I am thankful to have been born under the covenant of an eternal family, and blessed to be a link in that chain.
4. I am also very grateful for my job. I have an amazing job. I am truly blessed to work a job in which I can choose my own hours, make a great salary, and spend time with children on the autism spectrum (who truly are the most amazing kids ever)!
I have an terrific boss and coworkers, I feel truly blessed to have met some amazing individuals while working with
Autism Behavioral Consulting.

5. I am thankful for my health. I am grateful that I can walk outside my front door and run as far as my mind allows, I am grateful for the emotional and physical health my Heavenly Father has granted me. I am grateful for the ability to have children, this is truly one of the greatest gifts a women has. (And no , I am not pregnant)
6. I am grateful for free agency. We all have a choice. Every day we can choose to make it a great day, we can choose to love our life, learn from the past, and embrace the future. Happiness is a choice.

7. I am super grateful for the year 2011. The year Lee finishes school, the year we get to go home to Utah. Forever. Yes, I have been gone 7 years too long.

I am thankful I took time to remember all that I have to be thankful for, I was inspired by a fellow blogger who does Thankful Thursdays every week. What about you? What are you thankful for? If you are reading this consider yourself tagged for a "Thankful 2o1o list!"

Popular Posts