Suavie Island 1/2 Marathon!



On the 4th of July..................
I ran the Suavie Island half marathon with my great friend Tahsha. We had been training together for the past couple of months and both felt ready to reach our goal times. I had such a great time training with this girl, I must say running friends are really the best friends. When else can you talk about bm's, chaffing, husbands, cramps, and any thing else that pops in your head with out feeling the least bit awkward, on a run I tell you!
There is something bonding about waking up at 5:00 AM to run 10+ miles. :)


The night before the race I changed my fueling plans and had two GU's for breakfast, with a 1/2 cup of water. Big mistake. I set my race goal for under 2:00 which felt very achievable considering I had ran a 11 mile training run at under 9 minute miles. The first 5 miles I was set on course running at a 9 mile pace, then mile six hit and and got really sick, puking in a corn field sick, and it wasn't pretty. I ended up finishing the race ten minutes over my goal time, putting my average around 9:30-9:45 minute miles. To say l was disappointed would be an understatement, but considering how my stomach felt for half of the race, I was just glad to finish. My mom, lee, jack, Jordan, Nicole and baby camo all met us at the finish line. Tahsha got her time of 1:43, and am super proud of her. I am grateful to my family for coming out and supporting me, and also to Nicole who really went out of her way to coach and encourage Tahsha and I. I Ioved every minute of training with Tahsha, and I can't wait to do another run with my OR running friends! I am so lucky to have these incredible people in my life.



Popular Posts