Learning Dynamics Preschool

When we moved to American Fork I knew one of my first priorities was to find Jackson a highly structured academic Preschool. This was important to me. Jackson thrives off of schedules and lists. He loves knowing exactly what comes next. Through my education and work experience I have learned that this is the case for most children to some extent. While of course each child learns differently, some are more visual learners, while others learn better by direct participation-it is true that children need boundaries to feel safe, secure and to learn.
 Jackson is very black and white. He wants to know why he is there, what they are doing at that moment, and what they will be doing next. I researched a LOT of preschools. I knew that I would be working part time, some of those hours I am lucky enough to work from home, but I need to be at the office for meetings at least two days a week. I found learning Dynamics in Lehi, and I immediately knew it was a good fit. I wanted to find a preschool that focused on phonics. I am a strong believer that children can be reading before Kindergarten, and this is something that I want for Jackson.
 Learning Dynamics provides a reading program that will support that goal. Their goal is to help children develop language and comprehension skills through activities that teach sequencing, rhyming, classification, same/different, and opposites. They teach reading through Frontline Phonics, a reading program that was developed at Learning Dynamics and recognized as one of the nation’s leading beginning reading programs.  This is the main reason I chose Learning Dynamics. 

The year has been going great so far. While Jackson is at school I squeeze in a few meetings and paperwork for my job. Its a great fit. Jackson loves his teacher Mrs. Fossenbeck. I love her too, because she is straight forward and even tempered with the kids, she is kind, but in complete control of the class.
 Jackson feels safe and secure at his preschool because he knows what to expect next. He knows that after calender, is circle time, and then learning time. 
I love watching him learn new things. Jackson knew all of his letters and their sounds at 18 months, but what I didn't realize is that he has a harder time recognizing the lower case letters when they are not pared with the uppercase. I am glad that his teacher brought this to my attention, we have been practicing recognizing just the lowercase letters and he has them all down now. 

After a few weeks at learning dynamics he can write the first two letters of his name, which is huge for him. I have worked with him since he was a baby on letter recognition and theirs sounds, but we haven't focused on writing. I am grateful to have good teachers to help me, help my son have academic success.

The most we can hope for our children is that they are life long learners, this is my goal for Jackson. I want him to not only learn, but to "love to learn" and never stop learning no matter what his age. 

Popular Posts