Pregnancy

I'm sorry there won't be any cute tummy pictures on this post, or any post for that matter- since lets be honest I look anything but cute at this point. :) On a sidenote here- I love prego belly pictures of other people. When I 'm not pregnant (and when I am)  I always marvel how beautiful prego women are, I think they are absolutely glowing and look gorgeous. When I see them at the swimming pool with their cute bellies I think-when I'm prego I'm going to rock the bump. Then I get prego and reality hits- I never feel that way. So yes I think pregnancy looks so beautiful on other women, I just can't seem to adopt that way of thinking for myself. 

I am pregnant with a baby girl due the end of November (or possibly the beginning of December) 2012.
Background.....
 I suffered a miscarriage last December, followed by crazy thyroid issues, became pregnant, was sicker than I have EVER been in my life, developed a subcorionic hemorrhage, was put on modified bed rest with no exercise for 4 months (not even walking), and here I am about 7 months prego, and as big as a house, dreaming of the day I can run again without my thighs playing music. 

 I think you are getting the picture. I SUCK at being pregnant. 

Now don't get me wrong, we are over-joyed to welcome a beautiful baby girl to our family. 
We wanted this baby more than anything
We planned for this baby
We wanted our kids 3-4 years apart
We just bought a house, so this is great timing
We both have great jobs
My job is flexible, and supports my Maternity leave....
Jackson is so excited to be a big brother
We have dreamed about having another baby for a while now, 

So yes I  am so excited to have a baby girl, paint her nursery, buy bows, and cute leggings.
 I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has given  me a body that can get pregnant, hold and deliver a healthy baby.
 I feel a tiny bit guilty for complaining, when I have friends who can't get pregnant. I know I am blessed. I know pregnancy is miracle. 
And yes I know it's taboo to say, and everyone reminds  me how beautiful and glowing I am, (please don't lie)  but really people lets not get confused, I love my baby, I want her here............................................. and YES....I do loath pregnancy, in every way shape and form. (well besides the actual getting a baby part- that I love) 

The  article below sums up exactly how I feel about those nine months of excessive weight gain, sickness, vulnerability, ect.... it's nicely written, and for me is so TRUE. 
The article makes me feel better that I am not the only one gushing about how beautiful being pregnant is, because for me it is SO worth it, but it is anything BUT beautiful...............

LOVE This ARTICLE  



On that note. I have a little less than 3 months to go. I cannot wait to get our baby girl here, and complete our family. I am so in love with her already. 

Check out the artwork for little Miss Brooklyn's room---love, love, love it!! :) 
Her bedding is Gray and Yellow. Girl's are so much fun to decorate for! 




Popular Posts