Fall in Utah 2012



Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting 
and autumn a mosaic of them all. 

~Stanley Horowitz

I love the picture of Jack running through the golden leaves.
 Fall in Utah this year has been full of deep reds, burnt oranges, with glowing yellows. 
Perhaps it was the same last year and the year before that, but this year to me was special. 
We started a Sunday Fall tradition- taking a Color Ride (thanks Nie Nie) through the mountains. 
I want Jackson to understand how beautiful this world around us really is, how God has blessed us with abundant beauty right out our front door that rivals and surpasses anything man can create. 
The three of us are taking in the last few weeks of being just us three- before our threesome becomes four. We are excited to welcome our little "sissy" to the family, though I have caught myself getting teary eyed a few times lately when I look at Jack, remembering that he is growing up- he isn't my baby anymore. 
I have never really been the mother who dreads birthday's or my child getting older and more independent, more so I have welcomed the changes and loved watching him grow. 
There must be something about having your second that makes you more reminiscent on just how fast time does fly. 
A favorite quote of mine reads,
 "The days are slow, but the years fly by. " 
This is so true, so very true. 






 Visiting the Red Barn pumpkin patch, the slide and wagon ride were so much fun, we took a second trip a few weeks later. Jack is lucky boy to have such a brave Grandma, who climbed the slide and went down just for him. :) 

We are blessed.



October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.

~George Cooper, "October's Party"

Popular Posts